Your comments are welcome.
This site maintained by:
| Spanish |
| Support Groups | WHATZ NEW? |
Revised: July 7, 2004
TWO NEW BOOKS ON VCFS !!!
- “Footprints of Hope: VCFS (Velo-Cardio-Facial Syndrome)“, by Raymond Tanner
From the author:
“The book ‘VCFS Footprints’ of hope is a compilation of stories from families from Australia, Israel, France, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and the USA who tell about their trials and tribulations in bringing up a child with VCFS. It also describes my life story (aged 54 – diagnosed at 43) and my two sons – James – deceased – aged 9 days old, died 18 years ago; Andrew – aged 16. There are also additional information etc. The foreword is written by Dr Shprintzen Ph.D. Proceeds from the book will go to the VCFSEF Foundation and to the VCFS Foundation Queensland Inc new VCFS Clinic project. “ The book can be purchased from the Australian Online Bookshop web site. It is not currently published in the U.S.
- “MISSING GENETIC PIECES: Strategies for Living with VCFS, The Chromosome 22q11 Deletion”, written by Ms. Sherry Gomez of Arizona: A comprehensive HANDBOOK for Parents, Professionals and Anyone wanting to know about Chromosome 22 Deletion (22q11) and its dynamics. Publication August 15th; advanced orders being taken on the web site.
- Current research being conducted by various entities
- (Feb ’04) Radio Interview 11/02/03 on Australian TV with Raymond Tanner, Bob Shprintzen, Karen Golding-Kushner, Stephen Russell.
- (Aug ’03)The Foundation has a new Executive Director ! Dr. Karen J. Golding-Kushner took the reigns at the annual conference, held in San Deigo, CA, August 1-3. Expect an introductory message from her… soon. Congratulations, Dr. Kushner.
- SIGN-UP for for the Foundation newsletter and news updates. Add your name & email address to receive info updates and notice of newsletter publication. Help us save trees!
Around the Country. . . (local events)
No recent additions
Future VCFSEF Conferences:
- July 22-25, 2004
Combined Meeting of:
10th Annual VCFSEF, Inc Conference and 4th International Conference for 22q11.2 Deletions
Colony Square Hotel and Conference Center
- July 2005 – Syracuse, NY
- July 2006 Two conferences are planned for this year. Tentative locations are Strasbourg, France and Brisbane, Australia. Dates are not yet established.
- July 2007 – Location not determined.
Quotable Quote: “Better keep yourself clean and bright;
you are the window through which you must see the world.”
George Bernard Shaw